Kits Can Play
Before you Start
Read the read-aloud version, Kits Can Play, to introduce students to the characters, setting, and story.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning sound information to read words.
- Recognize high-frequency words: the, can, see
- Identify and pronounce the following beginning sounds: /r/ /h/, /n/, and /k/
- Identify and pronounce the following sounds in the final position: /p/, /g/
- Use the beginning sound information and the picture to read new words.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher