Frogs in Colors
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
To build background knowledge, read to students, the read aloud version of the book, Why do Frogs Come in All Colors?
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning sound information or other cues to read words.
- Recognize high-frequency words: a, see, colors, red, blue, green, yellow, all, the, and, likes, of
- Identify and pronounce the following beginning sound: /b/, /r/, /k/
- Use the illustrations to predict what a word says.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.