Animals in the Sea
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can predict what the book will be about.
- I can use words and pictures to help me understand the book.
- I can retell what I learned from the book.
- I can name animals that live in the sea.
- Letter cards (i, o, a, s, t, h, d, l, p, b, p, f, n) or wipe-off board and marker
- Print the vowel letters in a different color from the consonants
- Color copy of the book or use on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).
- High-frequency words printed on cards : the, on, some, in, up, to, a, has