What Can Frogs Do?
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can use the words and pictures to help me understand what I read.
- I can talk about what I read.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (vowels: e, i, o, u; consonants: g, t, w, s, h, p, b, l) or wipe-off board and marker
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.