Tom Sees a Hog in a Fog
Before you Start
Before students read the book, have them watch the video.
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can use the words and pictures to help me understand what I read.
- I can retell what I learned from the book.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in red or a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (f, o, g, h, p, m, t, s, b, j) or wipe-off board and marker
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).
- High-frequency words printed on cards or in sentence frames: in, the, we, can, go, see, oh, no, up