The Robot Frog
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can use the words and pictures to help me understand what I read.
- I can retell what I learned from the book.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in red or a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (d, o, t, s, p, h, g, b, a, z, i) or wipe-off board and marker.
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).
- High-frequency words printed on cards or in sentence frames: the, see, the, little, gets, his, about, in, on, a , and