Sarita Finds S-Blend Words On A Snowy Day
Before you Start
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently with the support of the lesson they need to be able to:
- Read Consonant Vowel Consonant (CVC words), also called closed-syllable words.
- Have phonemic awareness for 3-4 sounds.
- Pronounce beginning s-blends: (sc, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw)
- Recognize high-frequency words: look, says, puts, makes, little, come, have, for, you, with
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided reading of the book with the teacher.