Rashid Likes L-Blend Words
Before you Start
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently with the support of the lesson they need to be able to:
- Read Consonant Vowel Consonant (CVC words), also called closed-syllable words.
- Have phonemic awareness for 3-4 sounds.
- Pronounce beginning s-blends: (bl, fl, gl, cl, pl)
- Recognize high-frequency words: likes, his, a, of, in, play, on, with, blue, white, and, red
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided reading of the book with the teacher.