Looking for the Cat in the Ghat
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can predict what will happen in the story.
- I can use the words and pictures to help me understand the story.
- I can retell parts of a story.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in red or a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (n, a, p, i, h, o, t, s, f, g, d, u, r) or wipe-off board and marker
- Individual copies of the book for the students. (digital or print)
- Sequence words for retelling the story (first, next, then, after that, finally).
- Connecting words for talking about characters and events in the story (but, so, because).