Looking for Eggs, Tadpoles, and Frogs
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
Before reading the book, read the read-aloud book on this topic, Frogs and a Robot Frog, and/or watch the mini-documentary. If possible, read the read-aloud book in the students’ first language.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently with the support of the lesson they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Count syllables in words.
- Use beginning sound information (focus on /t/, /f/,/l/).
- Recognize high-frequency words: (I, can, see, the, a, with).
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided reading of the book with the teacher.