It’s My Muddy Mud!
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can predict what will happen in the story.
- I can connect the words with the pictures and what I know to make inferences about the characters, settings, and events in the story.
- I can retell parts of a story.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in red or a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (u, a, m, d, b, g, r, n, t, s) or wipe-off board and marker. Print the vowel letters in a different color from the consonants.
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- An individual black and white copies of the book for each student.
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).