Before you Start
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Read closed syllable words with digraphs.
- Recognize high-frequency words: she, the, with, are, wants, have, to, my , so, of, sees, and, her, do, help, too, looks, from, likes, how
- Sound out words that have a closed syllable pattern (VC or CVC, CCVC, CVCC)
- Use all the short vowel sounds to read words (a, e, i, o, u)
- Use long vowel sound of e spelled ee to read words.
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.