Before you Start
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning and ending sound information to read words.
- Recognize high-frequency words: the, can, see, with, green, no, yellow, in, and, says, me, too, help, to
- Sound out words that have a closed syllable pattern VC or CVC
- Beginning to use short vowel sounds to read words.
- Use the Illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.