Frogs in Many Colors
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
Watch the video Frogs with students to build their background knowledge about frogs that live in a wetlands habitat. Before watching, use the cover video image to predict with students what they might learn from the video.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning sound information or other word or picture cues to read words.
- Recognize high-frequency words: a, see, sees, colors, red, blue, green, yellow, can, comes, in, many, you, is, this, and
- Identify and pronounce the following beginning sound in words (focus on /b/, /r/, /n/, /l/, /g/).
- Use the illustrations to predict what a word says.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.