Frogs and a Robot Frog
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
Before reading the book watch the mini-documentary on the frog life cycle.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Recognize high-frequency words: this, about, when, go, little, into, of, too, she, to, the, see, with, what
- Sound out (decode) words that have a closed syllable pattern: VC or CVC, CVCC, CCVC
- Use all five short vowel sounds to read words.
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in the word work with the teacher to prepare students for decoding.